Monday, September 28, 2009

Into The Wild

The story of a man who went into the wild of Alaska to live off of the land, Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer is a book that makes the reader wonder. At first, my thoughts were "How could anyone be so crazy as to wander off in to the frozen Alaska tundra with no money, food, or worldly possessions. My first thoughts were that this man was not mentally well. However, as I read on, I began to learn a little bit more about who Chris McCandless (the main character) really is. He is really just someone who wants to be in touch with the world, one to one. He grew up in a very privileged home, and wanted to get away from the whole upper class scenery. One day, he just abandoned his home, left his college, and set out on the road for years just looking for a place to go. As the story goes on, the reader begins to feel for McCandless, and I began to understand where he was coming from. Granted, I'm not going to give up everything I own and go in to the wild, but I can see his point and why he did it. I hope to find out more as the story goes on.

1 comment: